TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking a Cost Engineer for a new role based in Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi
Duration: 15 Months
Contract Basis: Contract
The role of the Cost Engineer provides advisory support to the project management team related to all the cost related activities. The candidate will act as the interface between the Business Team and the rest of the team.
- Communicate assigned project issues/concerns directly to Sr. Cost Engineer and Business Administrator.
- Develop and maintain cost reports, cash flow and contingency analyses for the individual projects.
- Provide Cost Estimates.
- Administer Change Orders and Bid box as required by procedure.
- Estimates costs of positive / negative scope changes and assess impact on total project cost: work with estimators to get assistance if needed.
- Ensure accurate reflection of committed/spent funds, Change Alerts, Project deviation notices, field change orders, and project execution changes in all cost documents relating to the construction phase.
- Derive an accurate and realistic forecast of all funds required to complete the project within the defined budget and schedule while incorporating own trending and analysis and consult with the Project Manager prior to publishing.
- Ensure accurate representation of cost data in weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting.
- Alert Coordinating Cost Management Office and Business Management Office and the project team to critical Cost Management issues.
- Provide assistance for additional cost management related studies and scenarios if required.
- Prepare and update monthly project updates (MPU).
- Review of Contractor Progress Payment Certificates for Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
- Monitor, analyze & verify project Controllable Costs on a monthly basis through the Operating Statement Dashboard.
- Change Management (follow the process from COR to settlement).
- 5-10 years experience in the Cost Management field.
- Microsoft Office & PowerPoint Skills
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Mega Capital Projects experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online