TEAM is working alongside one of our UK based exploration & production clients in sourcing a Drilling Engineer for a UK based project.
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Contract Basis: Contract
A Senior Drilling Engineer for the company’s Wells department. The role covers both subsea and platform wells and involves supporting drilling, completion, workover and abandonment operations from onshore. The role is also responsible for conducting well engineering design & planning activities.
- Ensuring that the highest safety standards are attained and that all equipment and procedures are in compliance with Comapny standards and procedures, regulations and industry best practice.
- Developing engineering designs, operations programmes and cost estimates for well activities, in accordance with the Company Well Delivery Process, ensuring sound engineering principles and practices are applied, implementing lessons learnt and using agreed company systems and standards.
- Preparing the following documents:
- HSE Notification
- OPEP Submission
- Chemical Permit Application
- Consent to locate Application
- Drilling Programme
- Weekly HSE Report
- End of Well Report
- Working closely with subsurface disciplines to deliver fit for purpose well designs and operations programmes.
- Monitoring of operational progress and cost reports with the aim of optimising performance, minimising NPT (Non-Productive Time) and maximising cost-effectiveness.
- Liaising closely with the contracts and supply chain to ensure service quality.
- Liaising closely with the logistics support functions to optimise offshore logistics support.
- Acting as sponsor for one or more service contracts and review or assist with tender preparation and evaluation of drilling operations services as required.
- Participating in the maintenance of the BMS (Business Management System) where applicable to the Wells department.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements for well intervention, maintenance and construction activities.
- Liaising with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and BEIS (Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy) as appropriate on all well work issues, and be accountable for all regulatory reporting as required.
- Assisting with preparation of budgets and manage costs to achieve best value for money.
- Performing assigned emergency response duties and participate in the weekend duty (’on call’) rota.
- Working together with Completions and Subsea Engineers to ensure interfaces are effectively managed.
- Liaising daily with the Drilling Supervisors during well operations.
- Taking on the delegated authority of the Drilling Superintendent in his or her absence.
- Traveling to onshore and offshore worksites to assist with operations, if necessary.
- Carrying out audits of service providers in line with the audit plan of the Wells department.
- Preparing monthly progress reports on the drilling, workover and re-completion work scopes. Together with the Drilling Superintendent.
- Preparing and maintain a comprehensive risk register for each well activity, ensuring mitigations are fully incorporated in programmes.
- End of Well Reporting, closing out all operations and cost reporting (in conjunction with Cost Engineer) at the end of an activity.
- Supervising offshore well operations (on-site) as representative of the operating company.
- Working onshore in multidisciplinary project teams, as well as well engineering teams, in an operating company environment.
- Technical and managerial support of well operations from onshore.
- Designing and planning development wells, side-tracks and abandonments for subsea and platform developments.
- Designing and planning exploration and/or appraisal wells.
- A BSc (Eng) with a proven track record in well design and drilling & completion operations. If a degree is not held, significant evidence of appropriate experience and expertise will be required.
- Appropriate industry learning and training experiences in specialised subjects such as drillstring design, casing design, cementing etc.
- A completed well engineering competency programme.
- IWCF Certificate in Well Control.
- Current offshore survival, medical and MIST certification.
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online