TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking an Estimator Specialist based in Abu Dhabi.
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Duration: 6 months
Contract Basis: Contract
The Estimator Specialist is to provide high-level professional advice and guidance in the analysis and preparation of capital cost estimates for multi-million dollar petrochemical and oil & gas projects.
- Assess prospective scope and main components to develop consistent “building block” estimates for each concept under consideration.
- Develop detailed project cost estimates, including project complexity factors, based on input data such as project objectives, scope and economic analysis.
- Translate the identified project scope into an estimate of capital expenditure costs for design, procurement and construction.
- Formulate and validate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters.
- Develop capacity factored estimates and location factor adjustments.
- Determine estimate contingency based on project variables and risks.
- Estimate composed or detailed MTOs (Material Take-Off) matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates based on MTO and Drawings Issued for Construction (IFC).
- Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
- Manage Estimating Data by collecting actual cost performance. Condition and normalize data for future use, by developing metrics and benchmarking information.
- Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPI’s
- Review bids, estimates and Change Orders prepared by Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
- Act as cost consultant and advisor for both internal stakeholders such as Engineering and Construction Team, as well as the external stakeholders such as Owner Client and Vendors
- Minimum 7 years of experience working on Oil & Gas estimating projects
- Ability to operate Excel
- Knowledge of KBase is preferable
- Setting up Estimate, code of accounts processes and reporting
- Ability to work with project teams, build relationships with external vendors, contractors and parent company stakeholders
- Ability to work with international cultures and having international experience is preferable
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbally
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online