TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking an Estimator Specialist for a new role based in Dubai.
Location: Dubai, UAE
Duration: 21 months
Contract Basis: Contract
The Estimator is to provide high-level professional advice and guidance in the analysis and preparation of capital cost estimates for multi-million dollar projects. Develop multi-discipline conceptual and definitive estimates for heavy industrial, commercial and residential capital projects including all cost aspects of engineering, material/equipment and construction. Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid evaluations, participate in negotiations for lump sum, unit rate and reimbursable cost contracts as well as change orders and amendment.
- Assess prospective scope and main components to develop consistent “building block” estimates for each concept under consideration.
- Develop detailed project cost estimates, including project complexity factors, based on input data such as project objectives, scope and economic analysis.
- Translate the identified project scope into an estimate of capital expenditure costs for design, procurement and construction.
- Formulate and validate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters
- Determine estimate contingency based on project variables and risks.
- Estimate composed or detailed MTOs (Material Take-Off) matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours.
- Manage Estimating Data by collecting actual cost performance. Condition and normalise data for future use
- Prepare Change Order estimates and/or review bids, estimates and Change Orders prepared by Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
- Prepare multi-discipline conceptual and definitive cost for Capital Projects requiring assistance in no more than two of four major disciplines of civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
- Review estimates prepared by project engineer to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance of scope of work, including those developed by contractor, that may need revising to reflect construction practices in the Kingdom.
- Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations.
- Ensure that the estimating systems and computerised estimating tools are maintained and current in terms of being up to date and incorporating the latest state-of-art.
- Ensure the confidentiality of estimating information and data is maintained and access is limited.
- 10-15 years of estimating experience including at least 5 years devoted to petrochemical, refinery, and pipeline or power generation projects. Must be familiar with construction practices, materials and equipment.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online