TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking a HSE Advisor to be based in Algeria.
Duration: 12 months
Contract Basis: Contract
Deputise the HSE Manager, Responsibility for the Company's health and safety training and Monitoring the HSE management systems, Providing support to managers, engineers in helping them fulfil their duties in health and safety.
- Responsible for Delivering Health, Safety quality training.
- Plans and participates in training and development campaigns to enhance HSE awareness throughout the organization.
- Plans, formats and conducts HSE training courses and refresher courses to personnel such as:
Safe system of work
Personal safety equipment
Toxic and hazardous substances (COSHH)
Permit to work
Accident investigations & interviews
Audits & Inspection
Tool box Talks and communication
- Develop Plan and schedule training dates and training course and identification of HSE training programs.
- Maintains and updates all HSE training equipment/aids and literature (manuals/documents, videos, posters etc.). Recommends relevant HSE field developments for use in future HSE training courses.
- Ensure all necessary personnel and third party personnel are sufficiently informed and trained in the company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of HSE Management System and updating health and safety policies and procedures as required.
- Plan, schedule and conduct the Safety Management Review.
- Assists in the management, monitoring and maintaining the Health, Safety management systems.
- Participate in accident/incident/and near miss investigations and implement corrective actions where required.
- Develop and dispatch lesson learned.
- Review the adequacy and the efficiency of the remedial actions.
- Participates and assists as a member of the HSE Audit Team, Carry out regular audits, ensuring actions arising from the audits are duly followed up, to meet legal, comapny expectations.
- Provide clear guidance on all aspects of the audit, including audit policy guidelines that cover the philosophy and principles of audits, the training and selection of audit teams, good audit practices, the audit programme and the audit report.
- Coordinates contractor HSE management and External HSE Audits of subcontractor activities where required.
- Develop, review and support implementing the HSE self-verification Matrix and the HSE audit program.
- Develop internal audit matrix with the topics et checklists
- Developing a safety audit system and implement the audit process.
- Establishing the need for safety audits executing the audit programme, evaluating audit data (all the data needs to be evaluated to identify and record the audit findings as either positive or negative conclusions.
- Prepare for External Audits.
- Participates and assists managers and supervisors to carry out ORA and review of Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments as required.
- Supports and provide advice when required to supervisors to carry out TRA.
- Occupational Exposure Monitoring for chemical and biological Agents.
- Support Health Risk Assessment (HRA) of Industrial Hygiene Risks and implement EvRP & CHS Actions.
- Develop and Document Awareness Material to Support Ergonomic Risk Assessment with Process Implementation
- Establish a prioritize list of health and safety issues that require attention.
- Conduct Working Environment Safety inspections in Offices, Workshops and Catering premises.
- Synergi & incident lesson learned: Establish trend analyses and develop reports for organisational learning purpose and decision-making.
- Data analyses in various ways so that any deviations can be spotted and addressed.
- Safety information campaigns(Attempting to change people’s safety behavior and attitudes)
- Implement learning systems from incident and near-misses.
- Provide support and advice to all worksite personnel on matters related to HSE.
- Support managers/supervisors to learn to think about aspects of human factors.
- Develop and monitor the SOSC system.
- Provide Coaching to HSE Engineers upon technical and managerial competencies.
- Contribute to the Health, Safety quality input into the tendering/bids process as requested.
- Provide Competency Assessment of HSE for all Departments as required.
- Review CoW when CoW incident as root cause.
- Review and deliver CoW training programme for the processes.
- Keep Training and competency records updated.
- Check regularly Competence levels.
- Carry out regular CoW audits and monitoring.
- Review CoW associated procedures when required or requested.
- A Chartered HSE engineer with a minimum 10 years’ experience
- With at least 8 years’ experience in the operation of gas plant as an HSE specialist at a supervisory level.
- Good interpersonal and Self-motivated.
- Good communication/organizational/administration skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong skills in Office (Especially Excel)
- Fluent written/spoken English, French and spoken Arabic is desirable.
- Works well in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
- Degree or above from a recognized university.
- Membership of a relevant HSE institute.
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online