TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking an Instrument and Control Engineer for a new role based in Abu Dhabi.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Duration: Six months
Contract Basis: Contract
To provide engineering expertise in the field of Process Instrumentation, Custody Measurement and Process Control & Automation for the support of the Project Management Team on a large project.
Must have experience in EPC project execution and FEED stage including the Main Automation Contractor selection agreement (MAC) and thorough knowledge of Engineering and Construction, including field experience (where the candidate is required to continue the assignment until construction phase), and a background in project management is required.
- Provide realistic and practical technical solutions to operational project engineering challenges.
- Evaluate existing and new manufacturers in his/her area of expertise for technical competence and compliance.
- Review the existing and the proposed PCS and advise the optimal solution and specifications.
- Develop the MAC technical section in the Request for Quotation (RFQ), evaluate the technical packages, and submit the technical evaluation results.
- Perform technical studies in applicable project related technical issues and prepare reports and feedback for presentation to technical and management personnel.
- Review engineering and design proposals for large project.
- Review and develop engineering and design documentation, including engineering procedures, standards and specifications (FEED).
- Experience on HAZOP/SIL assignment using LOPA and knowledgeable of IEC 61511.
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal personnel.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities.
- 10-15 years of experience in instrument and control engineering in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry
- Must have in-depth knowledge of basic instrumentation and control including flow, level, pressure, temperature and process analyzers
- Must have traceable experience in the field of instrument selection in relation to process applications
- Good knowledge of boiler control, process heater control and process furnace control in accordance with Project Process requirement
- Good knowledge on materials and material selection for on-line instrumentation
- Knowledgeable of electrical systems for instrumentation, including cabling, wiring methods, grounding (both power and signal grounding), materials, control circuits. In addition, hazardous area design implementation shall be part of candidate’s experience
- Very knowledgeable with a wide variety of national and international standards, especially related to ISA, ANSI, ASME, API, NFPA and IEC
- Field experience is required in oil, gas or petrochemical industries with a wide variety of instrument and process control installations. Candidate should have experience during plant construction, commissioning, start-up or operations and including selection and installation of field instruments, cables, enclosures, trays, hazardous area installations and both power and signal grounding
- Knowledge of and experience with Distributed Control System (DCS), Vibration Monitoring System (VMS) and Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) and their implementation.
- Experience designing Foundation Fieldbus networks and specifying and configuring Foundation Fieldbus instruments
- Experience on selected project vendor’s PCS (process control system) and FAT (factory acceptance test)
- Must be computer literate with advanced level of experience in use of office and technical software
- BSc Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical/Process/Process Control Engineering.
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online