TEAM Energy Resourcing is working with our international Oil and Gas Industry client in sourcing an Operations Superintendent for its project in Dubai.
Contract Basis: Permanent
The successful candidate would be responsible for the safe and effective operation of all production processes, utility systems, plant and equipment and associated pipelines to achieve and exceed agreed production targets, ensuring compliance with Field Case for Safety, Company standard operating procedures, HSE policies and procedures and corporate governance.
To provide personnel management and development of the production team with a focus on identification and implementation of training and development opportunities to maximise the effective utilisation of offshore personnel's skills and resources at all times ensuring that appropriate competence levels are maintained to support normal operations and emergency response requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Company Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
Responsible for execution Engineering, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Asset & Operating Integrity [A&OI] program* inspection and modifications
Act as Offshore Focal point and custodian of Operational Risk Assessment system.
- Delivering facility improvement activities (Change Authorisation Forms (CAF) & Engineering Work Requests (EWR)). Offshore focal point closely liaising with onshore Engineering in respect to the life cycle of the proposal.
- Providing input to the planning function to minimise plant downtime optimise plant preparation and ensure robust method statements are in place to allow safe and efficient execution of critical and overdue activities to meet compliance and assurance (A&OI) activities.
- Safely and effectively manage operation of all production processes, utility systems plant and equipment and associated pipelines to achieve and exceed agreed production targets
- Responsible for all Facilities Platform daily activities in designated Field.
- Monitor and control field production activities incorporating gas compression, oil and water separation to ensure that the Company's production targets covering quality and quantity are met at all times. Operate the field as per the fuel gas balance plan in coordination with the field and in consultation with 0IM
- Authorise acceptance of equipment by Production, and ensures plant is safely returned to service after extended outage. Controls the field activities and leads the team in field start-up after a major or partial shutdown.
- Coordinate activities in conjunction with other field with regard to crude oil and gas transfer to optimise overall offshore production.
- Ensure that the Production Team adheres to current operations and maintenance procedures, and that handover (shift & trip), log keeping and certification / record keeping are accurately maintained.
- Management and monitoring of Roster Control objectives as well as POB & manning level approvals against facilities & project requirements & schedules.
- Management and monitoring of Helicopter & Marine logistics efficiency; liaison with logistics & marine departments on services issues & challenges; investigating and recommending cost reduction measures & service improvement methods.
- Manage operating budgets in the assigned area, Identify potential long term deficiencies in operating processes and procedures and assist with planning to overcome them in a cost effective manner
- Identify, record and analysis of potential safety / production threats (including de-bottle necking opportunities) and identify any areas for potential improvements/ production uplift and cost savings.
- Ensure initiatives to optimise shutdown performance are fully supported by all offshore staff to enable high quality planning and efficient attainment.
- Offshore custodian for yearly Performance / Object Tracker and responsible for facilitating monthly meetings and publishing monthly progress
- Support and encourage development of high calibre personnel through utilisation of the human resources programs; performance management, personal development plan, succession planning and competency development and assurance
- Ensure quality of work through adherence to standards and procedures and sound technical work practices, Contribute to personnel selection and performance appraisal.
- Ensure adequate on-the-job training is given to the new employees. Periodically rotate the production operators within the complex to train them on new platforms to increase the flexibility of moving personnel and their experience.
- Minimum 15 years in an oil & gas field production environment, with 5 year supervisory / management experience, with Management of Major Emergencies &/or OPITO 0IM Certification
- A thorough understanding of the Operations Safety Case, statutory requirements and safe systems of work including the PTW isolation procedures, and risk assessment policies & standards.
- Sound knowledge of offshore operations including working knowledge of drilling, sub-sea and construction activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Production or Chemical Engineering would be preferred
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online