TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking a Senior Contract Advisor to be based in London supporting .
Location: London, UK
Duration: 12 months
Contract Basis: Contract
Support the African Business Unit in meeting its objectives through the transfer of knowledge and skills to direct reports within the C&P team, including assigning of tasks, monitoring and supervising performance, advising and mentoring.
Supporting the WELLS Team and other support functions within the Business Unit in the development & execution of their procurement strategies, the composition and issue of invitations to tender, objective bid evaluation, contract negotiation, preparation and award of the final contract Post award administration and reporting, contractor performance management.
Development and implementation of Local Content strategy.
- Develops & implements relevant procurement strategies with emphasis on Wells categories.
- Ensures the Company direction of maximising local content and its delivery is clearly implemented in all Well contracts.
- Reviews specifications and scope of work and further develops these into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent by liaising with the Well Engineering team.
- Responsible for development, compilation and conduct of pre-qualification exercises, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations.
- Collation of and feedback of vendor data to the SCM Data, Systems & Reporting Advisor
- Ensures governance and compliance obligations are fully addressed and documented
- Responsible for contractor performance management for the Wells and other contracts.
- Addresses variations and claims with contractors
- Provides support to contract owners or budget holders in support of the contract management process, on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters
- Provides regular management reports on activities
- Attends progress meetings and presents management updates
- Undertakes other duties within his or her capability or qualification level as may be reasonably required
- Responsible for local content requirements in the C&P tender process ((strategy formulation, setting of LC questions, evaluation of responses, LC evaluation reports, drafting of LC obligations in the contract and providing feedback).
- Predominantly contracts formulation and negotiation experience operational and indirect procurement within Well Engineering and issues within the supply chain. Complete understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain
- International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment.
- Proven experience of negotiating complex contracts is paramount; with the following academic qualifications being advantageous; preferably to Degree level in a business, engineering or management related subject and CIPS preferred.
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online