TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking a Senior Electrical Technician based in Dubai.
Location: Dubai, UAE
Contract Basis: Permanent
Perform electrical maintenance, fault diagnostics, repair and modification activities within Operator's onshore facilities to provide optimal availability, reliability and cost optimisation whilst ensuring that the highest safety and environmental standards are maintained.
- Contribute to a high standard of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance by following HSE standards at all times, including the prompt reporting of any safety or environmental hazards or incidents.
- During specific maintenance activities, develop Risk Assessments which identify hazards and manage associated risks to enable safe performance of the maintenance activities; compliance to such Risk Assessments is mandatory.
- Implement effective and timely equipment maintenance overhaul and repair to ensure maximum availability, reliability and safety in their operation.
- Diagnose faults and effect remedial repairs on company's equipment and systems in a logical and effective manner. Such diagnostics are often performed in cooperation with the Control Systems department and the use of Laptop computers connected to programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Develop maintenance procedures and job scopes for inclusion into the Operator's maintenance management system.
- Assist with electrical technician competency development by performing regular on the job training and mentoring of electrical technicians as instructed by the Electrical Supervisor.
- Supervise contract labour so as to ensure safe and effective implementation of daily duties.
- Read drawings and parts lists to aid in fault finding and to develop bills of material for project related work.
- 5 years post certificate maintenance experience in oil/gas industry or, 5 to 10 years post apprenticeship experience of oil and gas field facilities.
- 5 years in a senior position.
- Experience in safe low, medium, and high-voltage electrical isolation procedures including 400 v, 3.3 kV, and 33 kV systems.
- Experience of working in Hazardous Classified areas such as Class 1 div I & II or Ex Zones 1, 2 & 3.
- Practical experience working with medium voltage variable frequency drives for motor control.
- Practical experience working with gas turbine generator sets preferably with Solar TT4000 and Allen Bradley / Rockwell ControiLogix control systems.
- Skilled in Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience in computerised maintenance management systems.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or other appropriate field
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online