TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas organisation in seeking a Structural Designer for their operations in Dubai.
Location: Dubai, UAE
Contract Basis: Permanent
- Responsible for executing all aspects of structural design for the clients managed design work
- Provide detail design/drafting support in Structural discipline for implementing projects and other day to day operations design and drafting requirements
- Structural design/drafting scope covers Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Steelwork General Arrangement Drawings, Detailed Design and Fabrication drawings, Pipe Supports, Rigging Assemblies and Material Take Offs
- Generates drawinfs in 2D & 3D using AutoCAD software. Conducts detail design site surveys for dimensional accuracy
- Completes structural drawings and documents to company procedure and is responsible for drawing management and maintenance
- Provides design support to Structural Engineering Technical Authority.
- Verify design proposal, gather design data and information and prepare design study and proposal in compliance with established standards and specifications, including Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ) requirements
- Check work sites to ensure designs are compatible with the existing facilities and review constructibility aspects
- Discuss work plan, scope and schedule with project engineers and/or team lead for proper project execution. Prioritise work plan according to established project schedule
- Produce project detailed design drawing packages and other project documentation
- Travel offshore and coordinate with construction superintendent and/or contractor for final dimension checks to ensure design/dimension accuracy before fabrication
- Liaise with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects to ensure design consistency, avoidance of interference or clashes
- Assist construction/operations personnel and outsourced contractors in drawings retrieval and transmittal, design interpretation and drawing queries
- Responsibile for project drawing management, filing and drawing record updating. Ensure all project drawings are maintained up to date
- Perform as-building of project drawings for Change Approval Form (CAF) closure
- Manage and co-ordinate AutoCAD 3D models
- 5 years relevant design/drafting experience in oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- Completion of college education, followed by 2 years design/drafting training to diploma level.
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online