TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking a Telecoms Supervisor for a new role based in Algeria.
Contract Basis: Contract
- As Network & Telecommunications Supervisor you will be part of the Service Availability team and ICT management team, providing line management and leadership to the Network and Telecommunications team. As well as managing and oversight the technical responsibilities of this team, you will be expected to undertake personal development reviews and appraisals in line with company policy, manage staff performance and well-being as well as provide staff with regular 1-2-1s for team leaders.
- You will be confident in taking ownership, being quick to step up to the challenge and able to stay focused on the desired outcome. You will demonstrate leadership in everything you do, you are straight with people, even when things are tough, and balance this with a strong focus on helping your team to be amazing.
- The successful candidate will also help to oversee the transformation of traditional telephony service to Unified Communications and development of team skills to reflect emerging cyber and business threats to maintaining a highly available network with robust operational processes.
- You will schedule the work for the your teams and ensure that service standards and business objectives are met by developing business and service improvement plans for Networking, Telecommunications and Cyber Security teams.
- You will lead on Networking Telecommunications and Cyber Security in ICT and contribute to the ITC Technical Road Map and Strategy.
- Manage, implement and maintain standardised ways of working by applying the principles of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework to the team.
- You will be accountable for the overall performance monitoring, evaluation, and review of Cyber Security, Network and Telecommunications, and be required to produce monthly reports of activity including threat analysis and a selection of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Success Factors (CSF).
- Build and maintain strong relationships within ICT and Business Unit Operations Mangers
- Evaluate technology, benefits and the development of business cases to ensure strategic alignment and value for money on technology platforms.
- Drive change and transformation as ICT resources are cross skilled and become increasing proactive in an increasing integrated Telecom and IT work landscape
- Identify and recommend gaps and improvements to Network Infrastructure
- Lead workshops
- Develop training and development plans for team members
- Perform control testing and agree results with control owners
- Work closely with key process owners to implement agreed transformation or remediation actions
- Oversee Telecom and Security Service projects to ensure products are developed in compliance with security standards and practices.
Strong knowledge of Networking, Telecommunications and Cyber Security technology & best practices. - LAN, WAN, WLAN, DHCP, DNS, IP, VOIP, SDN, RADIUS, Firewalls
- Experience: 10+ years of Telecom and Security engineering experience
- Extensive experience gained in a supervisory role in networking, telecommunications or cyber security.
- Experience of managing multi-discipline teams
- Experience of providing clear reports to senior management
- ITIL (ideally certified to Foundation level as a minimum).
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online