TEAM Energy Resources Middle East (TEAM Energy) is part of the Acteon Group of companies. We are a provider of recruitment services through our office in Doha, Qatar. We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal data. By "Personal data", we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number or other information that identifies you. We collect and use your Personal data in accordance with this Fair Processing Notice.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of the Personal data you provide to us freely when you give us your CV or other Personal data in relation to a role we are supporting your application for. From time to time, we may request further Personal data from you in order to deliver our recruitment service.
Please do not submit such Personal data to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
We also collect from:
- our website
- online job portals
- publicly available information
- an agent or third party acting on your behalf; this could include one of our sister companies
- recommendations (including referrals and references) by a friend, former employer or colleague
- trusted third parties that provide services that you or our clients have requested such as: employment reference checking, qualification checking, restricted party screening, criminal reference checking (as required); verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
How and when will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media.
Some examples of when we will contact you are:
- upon receipt of a CV or your personal data, it will be reviewed to determine whether we are likely to be able to provide you with work-finding services and we will notify you if you are added to our database.
- when one of our resourcers considers you for a suitable job opportunity or to find out more about the type of role you are looking for.
- before we put you forward for a role.
- during and following an assignment we have placed you in.
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you.
- to update you on any material changes to our policies and practices.
What Personal data do we collect?
We collect and process personal data only as far as is necessary to facilitate the recruitment process and provide you with work-finding services. We need your personal data in order to find you suitable opportunities and further information may be needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of the recruitment process.
Personal data we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth
- Other personal information: medical records, passport information, qualifications and certifications when requested by a client and provided by you
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications.
What lawful grounds do we rely on to process your Personal data?
In compliance with Qatar’s Personal Data Privacy Law No. 13 of 2016 (the Data Protection Law), our lawful grounds for the processing of Personal data is to achieve a legitimate purpose, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on legal obligation for specific uses of data.
For prospective candidates, contractors, referees and clients, our processing is necessary for our legitimate purpose in that we need the information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
We do not consider our legitimate purpose to be overridden by your fundamental rights. We take into consideration the reasonable expectations of individuals who are actively applying for jobs or making their Personal data publicly accessible on professional networking sites.
TEAM Energy may process your Personal data to comply with our legal obligations e.g. investigating a crime if officially requested by the investigating authorities.
Who do we share your Personal data with?
TEAM Energy may make Personal data available to:
Our sister companies
Clients and Subcontractors
Part of the recruitment process will involve sharing your personal data with our clients (independent data controllers) who have potential work opportunities that may be suitable for you. These third parties will have their own privacy policies and will also need to comply with all applicable laws – we encourage you to contact them directly if you have any concerns or questions about your data.
Should we place you in a job that you have accepted, we will make your Personal data available to third parties such as those that provide visa, payroll, tax and other services in countries where our clients require this service.
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, language test providers, support and hosting service providers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out our business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
TEAM Energy may share Personal data with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers' compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal data with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We will use your information in such ways to facilitate the recruitment process and provide you with work-finding services, including but not limited to:
To provide our services by using your details to match your skills, experience and education with a role that suits your requirements (we use technology in ways to help identify the most suitable candidates for a specific role but this does not constitute automated decision making);
To make you aware of current opportunities that may suit your requirements;
To contact and update you about applications you have made or roles you have been submitted for;
To share your details with our Clients with the aim of securing a potential role (our Client may be the company you will provide your services to or an intermediary company that directly supplies to the company you will provide your services to).
If you are selected by our Client for an interview or the next stage of the recruitment process, we will need further information from you. This is likely to come directly from you but may also be from third parties such as a referee for example.
We may also analyse the data internally so that we can offer a more relevant service, for marketing and strategic development purposes or for research purposes to improve our service.
Special Categories of Personal data
We do not collect Special Categories of Personal data, these are sensitive personal data that reveal a natural person’s racial or ethnic origin, health, religious beliefs, relationships or criminal records.
Information about criminal convictions
We will not collect information about criminal convictions, but it may be necessary for you to secure a police clearance certificate and for you to provide it to a government organisation in order to secure a work visa. We will only ask you to do this where required by a government organisation and we do not require a copy of the information.
Transfers of Personal data
We may collect, process and transfer Personal data to a third party only when the transfer is for a legitimate purpose and that the transfer of this data is made pursuant to the provisions of the Data Protection Law.
We will not take measures or adopt procedures that may curb trans-border data flow*, unless processing such data violates the provisions of the Data Protection Law or will cause gross damage to the Data subject.
*The Data Protection Law defines 'trans-border data flow' as accessing, viewing, retrieving, using or storing Personal data without the constraints of state borders.
TEAM Energy is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data;
- review of our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- restricting access to Personal data to TEAM Energy employee’s, clients and suppliers who need to know that information in order to select candidates and process information for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
How long will we hold your Personal data?
We will only keep your Personal data for as long as it is required for our legitimate purpose or legal obligations.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure and Restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the Personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal data changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with Personal data
Under the Data Protection Law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal data
- Request correction of the Personal data that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your Personal data*
*If you contact us to request erasure we will inform you if we are required to retain your data on the basis of a legitimate purpose or legal obligation and inform you when this purpose or obligation expires
Who to contact about your Personal data
Our registered office address is PO Box 23890, Unit C107, Al Mirqab Mall Commercial Offices, Al-Nasr Street, Doha, Qatar. Please write to us at this address if you want to request access, correction or erasure your Personal data or have any queries about this policy or our use of your Personal data.