TEAM Energy Resources are working alongside a major international Oil and Gas Organisation in seeking an Electrical Engineer for a new role based in Reading
Location: Reading UK
Duration: 10 months
Contract Basis: Contract
The purpose of the Electrical Engineer is to guarantee the compliance from the Contractor within the following subjects:
- The Scope of Work
- International applicable standards
- The Quality of the Engineering Design
- Optimization of Electrical Project Design to optimize the Operational cost & Maintenance cost
- The Appropriate equipment manufacturing
- The Project Engineering and Purchasing Schedule
- Review design packages for electrical systems and equipment (i.e. Power & Distribution Transformers, motors, generators, High voltage/low voltage switchgear/Motor Control Center (MCC), distribution network, control equipment, power outlets etc.)including drawings, datasheets, detail scope of work, calculations, Bill of Material / Quantity and preliminary cost estimates, Hazardous Area Classification and System Study.
- Prepare the Project Design Basis Document as per the project scope.
- Prepare the entire project load lists based on the project scope.
- Produce technical reports for the scope of work, and technical specifications for specific electrical equipment
- Manage the electrical activities of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractors during the Front End Engineering Development (FEED) and design phase.
- Coordinate with Project managers to finalize the Electrical Engineering scope for the entire project / package.
- Carry out analysis of major equipment selected in the design package.
- Review and respond to technical and site queries.
- Support and attend the equipment “Factory Acceptance Tests” (FAT).
- Experience in project execution in accordance with Company and World Wide industrial standards.
- Monitor and review in coordination with Project Management Team the performance and work quality of the contractor.
- Ensure that the design work by contractor is in accordance with Aramco design standards (SAES, SAMSS), applicable codes/regulations, and acceptable work practice.
- Assist the Project Managers and Project Engineers in evaluating Material Requisitions (MR), Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) and Award Recommendation (AR) provided by Contractor and able to perform Procurement support.
- Review and evaluate Change Orders to ensure full compliance with standards and that costs are in line with project budget.
- Work closely with Engineering Teams during the project to ensure facility integrity in terms of HSE.
- Provide technical assurance for electrical discipline deliverables for projects.
- Prepare approvals of the electrical engineering packages prior to being issued for construction.
- Lead and recommend new improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standards.
- 10 -15 years of experience in design, engineering and construction
- Engineer must be familiar with NEC, IEEE/ANSI, IEC and other International electrical standards, best practices and value practices
- Be fully familiar with analogue and Digital Control Systems including Power System Automation (PSA), DCS, PLC and SCADA controls
- Thorough knowledge of the English language is required to perform the necessary analysis and studies in depth, make professional presentations and keep up with technical advancements
- Have experience with Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP) or similar software and all Microsoft office.
- Bachelor’s degree within the Electrical Engineering field or a BA in Science with a focus in Electrical Engineering
- Certified Engineer desirable
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online