Our UK based Operator Client is currently seeking several Drilling Supervisors for its UK based offshore operations.
Location: Aberdeen - UK Offshore
Duration: 4 months
Contract Basis: Contract
- Rig site supervision of rig or vessel based well operations including HSEQ, operational performance and logistics
- Manages assignments that require expertise and develops complex innovative technical solutions
- Provides effective technical support for processes improvement and supports resource allocation
- Delivers operational projects and analyses and evaluates opportunities and risks
- Supports in achieving operational plans and regulatory compliance
- Lead incident investigations
- Develop realistic time estimates which reflect an appropriate level of contingency.
- Review operational programmes, ensuring planned operations are implemented within the time schedule and budget.
- Develop and effectively implement operational procedures, including contingency and emergency procedures (well control, oil spill response etc)
- Undertake timely and appropriate risk analyses
- Ensure that change is managed and implemented appropriately
- Develop safety conscious and effective drilling and service contractors.
- Provide direct supervision during all phases of well operations.
- Ensure that key learnings are fed back for continuous improvement
- Identify and implement new techniques and technology to improve operations efficiency.
- Coordinate simultaneous operations.
- Verify that drilling rigs and equipment are fit for purpose, and crews competent
- Ensure the safety and accuracy of rig moves and positioning
- Monitor operational performance
- Management and leadership abilities
- Industry experience in Well Operations
- Technical and organizational skills
- Building Relationships - ability to communicate at different levels both on and offshore
- Effective Communication – ensure information is understood for effective implementation
- Continuous Improvement – track progress and implement ways of improving performance
- Execution – manage operations to effectively and efficiently complete operational programs
- Strategic Thinking – understanding of and anticipation of impact of operations
- Talent Development – mentor, coach and develop less experienced Drilling Supervisors
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, and/or equivalent in relevant industry experience
Apply For This Position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the Apply Online option below to send us your CV for review.Apply Online